Tuesday, September 26, 2006












Today was Isabel's first day of soccer practice. I don't know who was more excited, Brandon or Isabel. Brandon bought her soccer shorts, shin guards, orange cones and socks---but noticed right before practice that he had picked up the wrong size sock at the store. He was about to run out the door to exchange them---but I luckily was able to convince him that she'd be okay wearing regular socks this time. He wanted her to have everything. He was actually anxious at the practice--wanting her to be the star of the game. We requested that she and Tyler be on the same team---and it turns out that that meant she'd be put on a team being the ONLY girl. Didn't seem to bother her a bit tonight. She LOVED it out there. The weather was perfect. Couldn't help but top the evening off with a twist and chocolate sprinkles from DQ. It was a great night. The other shots were taken this past Sunday. During our Sunday school lesson, Jake was passed back and forth between six girls. At one point, there was a bit of a fight over him. I'm not kidding. It was funny.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I just noticed now---and you may have noticed too, that I called jimmies, sprinkles. I have to admit, when I order my twist, I say sprinkles. Has everyone else converted as well?---or is there still someone bold enough to use 'jimmies' when ordering?

Caitlin said...

Okay, Isabel looks EXACTLY like Dad in her soccer clothes - white polo shirt and black shorts. Did anyone else notice?

Patti said...

Isabel looks SO big in that snapshot.

In my heart they are jimmies. But I order sprinkles . . . what a sell out I am! By the way, every kid in my Seminary class knows they are jimmies. They learn that very early on . . .

kelly said...

You have to say chocolate sprinkles or else the waiter will just look at you crazy and then you'll end up explaining what jimmies are by telling her they're chocolate sprinkles - so you might as well skip the confusion. It's the reason why I don't say wicked. One of my college roommates thought I was trying to be cool when I said it because she didn't understand. I did notice that when I went back to Boston I said wicked every other word, though. You can really let 'em fly when you're around native users.

Bride said...

alot of people say wicked here becuase of me. but kel youre totally right about the jimmie thing i always end up explaining and i feel stupid.

once again everyone saw these pictures and died over jakes hair. too cute.