Friday, February 16, 2007


Last night we were out and Jake was called a girl AGAIN. So when we got home, I snapped this picture to dare ask if this comment was justified. Jake is dressed like a boy---in an light blue striped oxford shirt, khaki jacket, and blue jeans---a cute outfit Kelly got him. I know the hair is what throws people off----but I don't understand why the boy clothes aren't a dead give-away? I never dress him in unisex colors like yellow and green. Are people really that dumb? If they're not sure then, why do they take the risk and say 'she'? And how could they be so confident to use 'she' when he IS dressed like a boy?

8 comments:

Stacy said...

If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can get a better view of the oxford shirt. It's definitely a BOY shirt. BTW, notice his bangs are growing back now!

Bride said...

def a boy outfit. very handsome picture.

Patti said...

I'm just so glad I wasn't with you . . . nothing about Jake says girl. NOTHING.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Amy said...

My attempt at making you feel better about this, because believe me I understand your outrage, is as follows:
I was shopping with Hannah. She had on striped pants. The stripes were yellow, blue, bright PINK, white and light PINK. She also had a PINK FLOWERED receiving blanket in the car seat with her. A woman came over to tell me how beautiful my baby was (and yes, to comment on how chubby her cheeks are...I get it!) and she actually said, "It's a boy, right?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!?

Amy said...

By the way...he looks a lot like you in this picture! He is a gorgeous little boy!

Bride said...

how bout this-you can say "its a boy right?" about a dog, an animal what have you. NOT a human! even a baby! you just dont do that. people these days ill tell ya..

Zach said...

Maybe these people are colorblind.

Patti said...

BHAHAHAHA . . . I just saw Zach's comment.