Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I didn't have enough time to order Pirate cake decorations. Searched all the stores and couldn't find what I was looking for. Ended up going to Michael's and buying a wooden box for the treasure chest & a small sailboat for the ship that I needed Brandon's help assembling. Painted both metallic gold--drew the skull & bones symbol on the mask with a black permanent marker---took pearls from my jewelry box & some of those chocolate gold coins--and whala--Tyler got his Pirate birthday cake. Oh--and that's brown sugar for the sand.

9 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

You are so good at this! It looks incredible.

I was decorating Gracie's cake and the entire time I was thinking, "I have no business doing this, but luckily she is still too young to realize it."

Caitlin said...

Holy hell - that cake is awesome! You're a pro. Can you make me that Barbie cake for my birthday? I don't know why but I love those...

Patti said...

Would you make a winter wonderland cake for Christmas . . . one that looks like that outdoor set that was supposed to be Vermont in White Christmas? Please? aw, c'mon . . .your cake is cool!

Bride said...

you kill me. thats perfect!

Patti said...

Caity, you need to quit swearing.

kelly said...

Okay, I love the Vermont White Christmas cake - now you have to do it. I'll be commissioning a cake in March - put it on your calendar.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

OK, speaking of swearing... If you are up for a good laugh, read John Mayer's take on the only acceptable use of the phrase "to add insult to injury." There is a wee bit of profanity (just a little, I swear. No pun intended).

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Oops. Here's the link if you need it. (That is for those of you who don't have inappropriate school girl crushes on much younger celebrities. It's something I'm trying to work on.)

http://www.johnmayer.com/blog

Patti said...

How ridiculous IS it that I'd already visited his blog and read that??? He's clever (AND cute).